Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday One Reflections

I think I experienced the most meaningful worship service I have ever had with my congregation this morning. It is certainly on the list. The first Sunday of Lent, the season where we are contemplative and ask forgiveness at Orrick United Methodist Church started in a very beautiful way today.
The congregation that gathered this morning, small in number (due to some cold temperatures I am guessing) needed the worship service that I had planned. They needed the message of the peace that Christ can give. They needed to hear that through the wilderness, there can be peace. Even more they needed to take communion, remember their baptism and take home something that they could hold on to in the weeks ahead to remember the peace that passes all understanding.
I give God thanks for the message that was upon my heart this morning. I can honestly say, that the Holy Spirit used me as a vessel and I am so very thankful that it came at just the right time...Amen.

No comments: