Thursday, December 18, 2008

Vulnerability

Being vulnerable...something I am not always good at, believe me. Those who know me well will not understand this at first. Because I am the one who everyone knows every emotion from. I am the one who "wears her heart on her sleeve" (both actually). Emily is the one who everyone can count on to share how she is feeling so that others who tend to not want to open up can feel comfortable. Emily is the drama queen. Emily cries. Emily is the worry wart. Emily panics. Emily gets frustrated and you know it.

Being vulnerable....for me it is more than that. For me, it is not opening up. For me it does not mean I share every feeling in my heart. For me, it's different. For me it is trusting the other to do so. For me it is not the moments of vulnerability that are necessarily hard, it is the moments after. The reactions, the fears of what it might mean for the other person for me to be honest, the constant worry that I am not worth it. For me, it is a hope that I can help some way too.

Being vulnerable...it might seem like I am good at it, I am not. But I will keep trying, because for now I am safe and loved.

Take Care, Em.

No comments: