Monday, November 24, 2008

Growing Up...

I did not know that there would actually be a point in my life where I would know and I mean really know that I was growing up. In the last few months, I have really started to feel some growing pains. For me the pain involves moving on from some stuff that has consumed my life in the past. It has been hard to step forward. I wonder if I can somewhat identify with that little boy named David who was not the most likely person to be chosen that day. He was and I have been. Stepping away from the comfortable has been scary. I have cried a lot. I have been angry. I have wanted to run away.
However, David was anointed and so have I.
In my eyes, I am the least likely to go forward. To me, it does not make sense for the youngest to grow up. None of it seems likely. It is chaos.
And yet, somehow I have become stronger. Somehow, I have made it.
And for the first time in my life, I can say that I want to grow up. I want to change. I want to dream. I want to imagine. I am not afraid anymore.

1 comment:

Zach said...

Keep on dreaming! Growing up can suck a little, but think of all the things we've done to change the world a little as we grow up!