Thursday, March 5, 2009

Taking A Stand...

In the middle of a moment that made no sense I took a stand today.
In the midst of hate and misunderstanding, I defended human beings.
In the face of sin I showed God's love by having someone reconsider something that they had shared out loud. I called someone to the table when they needed it the most.

I had no idea when I asked about the movie "October Sky" tonight at Best Buy I would hear an offensive and hurtful term used to describe people who are gay. I had no idea that the word used would upset me so much and then in turn urge me to go talk to a manager.

Was it confusing? Yes. Did I have the perfect words? No.
Did I want to run away and cry? Kind of.
Did I change the world. I think so, even if just a little bit.

May you change the world a bit every day and love ALL of God's children...especially the ones who are cast out and even the ones who need some accountability to change.

1 comment:

Zach said...

Wow! Had an experience like that last night at our Lent Study. Was able to talk about racism and how our communities are so subtle with it, yet continually racist.

Good for you on taking at stand!