Thursday, February 26, 2009

Friends...

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin

Tonight, I am thankful for friends. I have had so many in just twenty-four years. Each friend has taught me something about myself and I am so happy to have known each and everyone of them. You might fall in more than one group...but I give thanks.
From the playpad at Grandview Elementary to Middle School and High School, I give God thanks for each of these friends who taught me about growing up and having fun. From the days at NWMSU, Phillips Hall and the Wesley Center, I give God thanks for the ones who taught me about a God that desires community that challenges and cares. For my friends at SPST, I give God thanks for the ones who walk with me as we explore what it means to be in ministry that helps the Reign of God be realized on this Earth.
For my friends who are not in Seminary, I give God thanks for your ability to "keep me real.
For all of my friends, no matter if we are still friends are not, I give so much thanks for the worlds that you have brought out in me. No matter if we are miles apart or live right next to one another, I thank you.
Love, Emily

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Friends as Jeremiah said to David... We travel from each other in peace having the understanding that the Lord is between us and binds us together forever.
I Samuel 21:42

I am so fortunate and blessed to have you as a friend. You are a gift of love and joy to all you meet.